Thursday, March 23, 2017

Antique Shopping

Last week we began a painting project.  We painted our living room and dining room, which is a large, open concept and we like it all one color.  We are building a bench that will go in the entryway in the livingroom, as well as a shelf.  So last week Jada and I went to Elmer's Barn on a mission to find a few things to decorate the new area with.
It was such a fun time.  I only regret not bundling up to go... it's really cold in the barn!!  But it was a blast.  Some days it just hits me how grown up Jada is becoming!  I am blessed that my daughter is one of my very best friends!  We had a good time together.
Jada saws this antique tin "thing" and kept telling me I needed to get it to put flowers in.  She was right. It was definitely a cute find!  We don't have the shelf finished yet, but it's currently on the piano and I love it!
She also found two old hymnals that she bought for herself...but we're currently using for decor :)
 I bought a book called, "The Last days of Pompeii".  I thought it was an amazing find, considering that we are still learning about Pompeii right now in school!  

My walls didn't turn out the color that I had wanted, but rather than paint the entire space all over again, I'm trying to just work with the color.  I'll post some before and after pictures when we finish the bench and shelf :)

1 comment:

  1. That sounds exciting. I love antique stores where very few things are ever alike. :)

    ReplyDelete