Wednesday, February 15, 2017

Our Wedneaday...

We got right out the door after breakfast this morning and headed to the Library.  I was excited to get some science DVDs, and for the kids to get some new books.

After the library we ran to the grocery store to grab a few items before the next storm hits. I normally grocery shop on Thursday but I won't be going anywhere tomorrow.

When we got home we had lunch and got going on school.  Evan made us all laugh because he informed us that he was trying to get some muscles...so he was doing one handed push-ups on the livingroom floor.  We had no idea where he got that from but it was hilarious! (See pic)


Evan had to follow map directions today in school. He had to follow written directions to complete certain tasks on a map.  Afterwards he asked if he could color in all the states, so I said yes.  The first state he colored was Florida and he put a big heart inside.... he loves his Nana and misses her so much.  He later got to talk to her on the phone and he asked when she was coming home. He made a terribly sad face when she said May!

I got excited to watch one of the science DVDs from the Library, but I couldn't find them anywhere.  I went out to check the van and they weren't there either.  I ended up calling the library and discovered that they were sitting on the counter there. She didn't see them, so she never checked them out to us!  She kept apologizing, and I continually told her it was no worry at all and not to apologize.

We started a new read aloud book today.  We're reading a book called, "What was Pompeii?" The kids are pretty intrigued but Brynn said she didn't really want to hear another sad book about devastating events!  Well, we did just finish reading, "Pearl Harbor" together on Monday... so her complaint is legitimate.  She also just finished, "Anne Frank".
I think we're going to continue with Pompeii, but I'm going to be thinking on what we will read next that will be a little more....gentle, on the emotions!

Well, that's all for today, we had a full day and look forward to another good day tomorrow and watching the snow fall throughout the day!




No comments:

Post a Comment