Monday, January 30, 2017

Blessed

My family is such a blessing to me!  This weekend was a bit of a struggle.  Steve and Isaac Rhodes' funeral was on Saturday and I woke up not really feeling the greatest.  I knew a head cold was coming on but I certainly didn't want to miss the funeral over a cold, so we went.  The funeral itself was 2 hours long.  It was an amazing testimony to the lives that Steve and Isaac lived.  There were over 500 people in attendance and the service was powerful.  I was amazed to learn that one of the only things that survived the fire was a sermon that Steve Rhodes himself had written called, "The Love of God".  The sermon was preached at his own funeral.  It was powerful.  It was emotional.  It was incredible how the Lord showed himself there!  We didn't stay to fellowship after as I was feeling worse and worse by the time the funeral itself was over.   We headed right out the door and I spent the rest of the day in bed.

All through the night I was miserable from head to toe. Around 2 a.m. I learned I had a fever.  Sunday I was unable to go to church, in fact, I didn't even get out of bed all day except to use the bathroom and get more to drink.

The point of my post is this:  my family totally rose to the occasion and took such good care of everything while I was super sick.  This morning when I could finally get out of bed for more than 2 minutes at a time, I walked out of my room to a spotless, clean, organized house.  The kitchen was sparkling, laundry had been washed, dried, folded and put away.  All the floors were swept.  I could go on....

Everyone knows I love a clean, uncluttered, tidy house... But it was more than that. Kids had been fed, taken care of, and loved in my absence.  Everyone did their part to be sure that I was able to rest and not worry about anything.  I know it was only for less than 48 hours, but these things are a huge blessing to me as a mom and wife ♡

No comments:

Post a Comment