Sunday, January 22, 2017

A New Blog

Well, as it turns out, I have been locked out of my blog that I have had for TEN years.  It's a very long story, but I cannot seem to log in to post anything. So, I decided that maybe it's just time for a new blog altogether!  Maybe the idea of a new blog will keep my faithfully posting :)

The hard part of beginning a new blog is leaving behind all of my old posts, pictures, thoughts.....the list goes on.  But it will be fun to start fresh, too.  This year seems to be a year of NEW beginnings so far anyway.

At the beginning of 2017 my husband officially became the Pastor of Cornerstone Bible Baptist Church in Prospect, Maine.  When he was asked to pray about being their pastor we prayed for almost seven months.  7 months may sound like an awful long time to pray about something but it wasn't until around the six month mark that God began to make it very clear to us.  I am sure, well, I KNOW that God had his reasons for not showing us immediatly, and for having us wait for the answer.  I love that we can look in the Scripture and see time and time again that God has a perfect timing for everything He does.  He didn't forget that we were praying.  He wasn't trying to make up his mind.  He wasn't trying to decide what His will was for us.  He knew.  I LOVE that God knows what I do not know.....and that He sees what I cannot see!  And when we have faith in His timing, His direction and His way he blesses us sometimes by allowing us down the road to see WHY He held off on a answer for a time.

Romans 8:28 "And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose"

I just know that the Lord has a great plan!  It's exciting to be in His will!

This year in school we have taken a bit of a new approach also.  I'm realizing that teaching four different grades to 5 different students has it's challenges!  :)
No, I'm not technically just figuring this out.... but with the changes in life, health, family and ministry the past year we find that our "old" ways are a bit more challenging than in years past.  Suddenly, our youngest, Evan, has to do more than just color in the lines and learn his vowels.  In addition to that I have an ELEVENTH grader!!!  In addition to that I have two fourth graders, one who has pretty severe dyslexia like their older (7th grade) sister.  So, yes... this school year I have personally had to sit down, really pray, and make a few drastic changes to our school schedules and my education philosophy in general.  But I happy to say that we are really finding a new norm and everyone seems to be adjusting well!

Well, that's enough of an into into the new blog, this new year, in this new-to-us season of life.  We are so, so thankful to the Lord for where he has us!  I truly cannnot image a better life!  We are certainly blessed beyond measure!

3 comments:

  1. So happy you sent the link to your new blog. I enjoyed catching up with you a bit this morning. :) As always I enjoyed seeing what you all are doing and learning in school. It always looks like such fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nikki. I'm so glad you reached out and emailed me! I made it over to.your blog this morning also. But I was rUshed, so hoping to check it out later. Everyone looks so grown up and Ellie is ADORABLE!

      Delete
    2. Thanks Nikki. I'm so glad you reached out and emailed me! I made it over to.your blog this morning also. But I was rUshed, so hoping to check it out later. Everyone looks so grown up and Ellie is ADORABLE!

      Delete